- Sold Individually
- Material: Brass
- Finish: Polished
- Mounting Screws Included
- 3-3/8" Boring
- Overall: 4-7/8" Wide x 2-1/4" High
- 90 Degree Stop
Brass Lifting Handles are mounted to the sides of chests providing a convenient method of moving furniture. Today they are mostly used as a decorative accent. Although these handles are reproductions, brass is a naturally soft metal therefore we recommend lifting furniture from underneath. A special built in stop keeps handles from lifting more than 90 degrees. Crafted of heavy brass. Use on blanket chests, cedar chests and boxes.*
Measure Chest Handles
- Boring: distance between center of mounting hole to center of adjacent mounting hole.
- If replacing handles: replacement-handle-boring must match actual boring measurement in drawer.
- Overall Size: width and height of handle at widest point.
Attach Brass Lifting Handles
- Handle attaches with two machine screws
- Position handle on chest
- Insert screws through mounting holes, from chest interior and screw into posts
- Thread size of machine screws is generally 8-32. Length supplied is determined by manufacturer. While supplied screw length is generally useful, occasionally a different size is required. Please let us know if you need a specific length. To determine the correct size: measure wood thickness and add 1/4".