Glass Oil Lamp Shade
- Priced Individually
- Material: Cased Glass
- Finish: Glossy
- Color: Green
- Fitter: 7"
- Height: 5-1/2"
Green Cased Glass Student Shades are essential for authentic student lamp restoration. Originally student shades were used by universities and banks on desk lamps. The white interior reflects light downward which made them ideal for reading. A satisfying green glow is outwardly produced when shade is lit.
These cased glass student shades are hand blown. Cased glass is made by fusing two layers of glass together. Outer layer is green producing a pleasing green glow when lit. The inner layer is white. This white interior reflects light downward, providing effective task lighting. Due to the nature of any hand-blown glass, slight imperfections may occur. This glass is both beautiful and luminous. Imported.
Measuring 7" Green Cased Glass Student Shades
- Shade-fitter is the bottom edge diameter of lampshade. This measurement is typically slightly less than 7".
- Shade-fitter sits in shade ring, tripod or spider for support.
- Opening in shade-holder, where shade sits, will be the fitter size.
- 7" fitter lampshades proportionally fit: 8" - 9" lamp bases. Occasionally they are seen on shorter or taller lamps.
- Lampshades are blown glass. Glass blowing techniques can cause slight differences in glass-thickness. These differences can affect bottom diameter and weight of lampshade.
- If needing a pair please order together to assure match.