Full Mortise Lock
- Sold each
- Supplied with one Antique-bronze finish steel key.
- Material: Steel
- Use on drawers or doors hinged on right
Keyhole-covers not-included as furniture style dictates keyhole-cover design
- Insert Escutcheons:#0242,#0237 or #0253 can be used with this lock
Full Mortise Locks are reproduced in a limited amount of sizes. Thus, exactly matching old locks is not always possible. Our entire lock collection is displayed on this site.
- Backset-Distance To Pin: 3/4"
- Overall: 1" x 1-1/2", 5/16" Thick
- Selvedge: 3/8" x 2-1/8"
- Brass Strike Plate: 3/8" x 2-1/8"
- Bolt Projection: 1/4"
- Key Size: Barrel: 3/16" D x 1-3/8", 2-5/16" Overall Length, Key-bit Height: 3/8"
Drop In Locks with 3/4" backset, are authentic replacements for furniture made in the 1900's. Use on drawers and doors hinged on the right. Designed to drop into a pocket cut by a router or machine. Once installed lock should fit tightly. It will be encased with wood on both sides only selvedge edge will show.
This is a very reasonably priced lock, as such: locking mechanism is average, not as smooth as finer made brass locks, yet is serviceable. Made in Asia.
Replacing Full Mortise Locks
Keyhole location measurement is critical. Replacement lock-keyhole-location must match location of keyhole in furniture.
To measure: easiest to measure old lock, if you have it:
- Lock Keyhole Location: distance between selvedge-edge - where bolt shoots through, to lock pin. This measurement is known as the backset.
- Furniture Keyhole Cutout Location: distance between furniture-edge to estimated location of lock pin in furniture keyhole.
For help measuring and selecting full mortise locks, we recommend reading: How to select, measure and install full mortise cabinet locks.