Rayon Covered Lamp Cord
Sold by linear foot, in continuous lengths
- If you order a quantity of 1, you will receive a 1 foot. Conversely if you order a quantity of 8 you will receive a piece 8 foot.
- Enter required number of linear-feet in quantity box
- Color: Gold
- Type: Twin Wire
Gold Fabric Covered Lamp Wire is an an excellent choice for vintage lamp restoration and mid century lighting. Traditionally used on lamps during the early 20th century, it provides an authentic appearance when restoring lighting.
Fabric covered lamp wire is well made. All stranded lamp wire is covered with plastic insulation. Fine, tight braided rayon fabric covers plastic insulation. Fabric covering is vintage gold.
Fabric covered lamp wire is for lamps and low temperature, low wattage applications. It is not-intended for appliances. Fabric covered lamp wire is manufactured with strict safety procedures however is not U.L. listed.
More Rayon Covered Lamp Cord
Install Fabric Covered Lamp Wire
- Strip cloth covering approximately 2", exposing the 2 plastic covered wires.
- Strip approximately 3/8" of plastic covering off wire
- A UL knot is ideal however due to the rayon covering a simple overhand knot, tied at both socket and plug ends, protects cord from being pulled loose and stops fabric from fraying.
- Black wire connects to brass screw, white wire to nickel screw
Before making any changes to electrical fixtures and/or lamps:
- Disconnect plug/wire from the electrical source.
- Turning lamp off will not protect you from electric shock.
- If you are unsure how to safely proceed contact a licensed electrician.