Harp Lamp Shade
- Priced and sold each
- Material: Parchment
- Color: Buff
- Fitter type: Harp
- Bottom: 12" Length x 8" Width
- Top: 10" Length x 7" Width
- Side: 8"
Oval Drum Lampshades offer a neutral appearance with a little pizazz. Mottled buff background is accented by a light brown and gold stripe border. Oval shape is useful in areas of limited depth. It is a great choice for lamps with an oval base as it mimics the oblong shape.*
Oval Drum Lampshades are made of buff colored parchment. Each is handmade of parchment with a marbleized border that is trimmed in gold. They are produced on a sturdy, rust resistant metal frame. The frame has a small ring, at top of shade, to sit on harp post. Exterior of frame is covered with parchment paper. The paper is stabilized and strengthened with hard white buckram (a coarse linen lining) for added strength. These oval drum lampshades are both handsome and beautifully in appearance and craftsmanship. Made in USA
More Oval Drum Lampshades
Measure Harp Lamp Shades
Standardized Lamp Shades Measurements
- Top: diameter across top of shade
- Bottom: diameter across base of shade
- Side: straight measurement of the slant-side of shade
A small 1/2" ring fitter is at center top of a harp lamp shade frame. This ring sits on post at top of harp and is secured by a lamp finial.
Guidelines for determining which Harp Lamp Shade to select
These generalizations apply to many lamps however personal taste should be the guiding influence.
- Height of Lamp Shade: approximately 2/3 rds height of lamp-base. (height of lamp base: distance from bottom of lamp base to base of lamp socket)
- Bottom-diameter of Lamp Shade: approximately 1”-2” less than lamp-base height. Bottom diameter should not exceed lamp-base height.
- Lamp shade proportions should reflect lamp base proportions. For example: a short squat lamp will look best with a shade of similar proportions.
- Using the same lamp shade base shape, round or square, provides a cohesive appearance.
- If using incandescent light bulbs there should be a minimum of 3-1/2” between lamp shade and bulb to allow heat escape.
- If the preferred lampshade size is not available, it is normally best to choose a slightly larger rather than smaller size shade.
- Change harp height if the lampshade is sitting too high or low on the lamp.