- Sold per set
- Most tables use one set
- Set includes a right-hand and a left-hand slide-component
- Material: Hardwood, maple
- Sanded, Unfinished
- Set has two 5 section slides
- Closed Length: 26"
- Leaf Opening: 50"
- Individual wood sections are 1" wide by 2-1/4" high.
Wood Table Slides are table extenders designed for dividing base and four leg tables. Each table-top-half moves jointly with two legs or half pedestal. When pulled to open, the two table-half's separate, providing an area to insert table leaves. Table leaves can easily be removed and two table halves pushed back together.
50" leaf opening enables table to accept four 12" table leaves.
Wood table slides have a camber, a specially designed arc, built into each side of slides. This slight arc or camber provides continuous leveling support to table leaves when table tops are extended.
Wood Table Slides are expertly constructed of hardwood maple. The wood is optimally dried in special kilns to minimize blocking or warping. Their design provides sliding with very little friction thereby ensuring soft easy sliding. The quality is evident in the strong dependable service and smooth quiet action.
Mounting holes are pre-drilled for easy installation. Screws are not provided as individual applications may require different length screws. Use #10 screws.
More Wood Table Slides
Selection Guidelines for Standard Wood Table Slides
See: Table Slide Installation
Use on: 4 Leg Tables (table top and legs move together), Dividing Leg Tables base tables (table top moves with legs) and Dividing Base Tables base tables (table top moves with base)
- Closed Length of Table Slide: Should be equal to or greater than, one-half the length of table-top when closed.
- Leaf Opening Measurement: Length of open area when slides are extended: should be slightly larger than combined width of table leaves.
- Long Leaf-Openings: When using more than 2 or 3, 12" leaves, a drop down center table leg is recommended for added support.
- Extend Slides to produce the leaf opening.
- The more overlap that is achieved, between sections, when leaves are placed in the table, the greater the support.
- Table Leaves: The standard size for table leaves is 12" width however some tables may differ. How large is your leaf opening? This measurement is normally 1-1/2" - 2" longer than the number of table leaves your table accepts. For example: a table with a 26" opening will take 2 standard 12" table leaves. The extra inch or two provides maneuverability when putting in or taking leaves out.
Additional Table-top Support:
- Use table slides with larger-than-need openings. This results in a greater overlap of table slide sections, providing more support when the table is extended.
- A drop down center leg can be added to tables with large leaf openings adding more support.