- Sold per set, one table requires one set.
- Set includes two 3 section slides
- Material: Hardwood, maple
- Sanded, Unfinished
- Available in 2 sizes
- Closed Length: 38"
- Leaf Opening: 37-1/2"
- Use with: 1,2 or 3 - 12" table leaves
- Individual wood sections are 1" wide by 2-1/4" high.
- At the curved arc the height is 2-1/2" high.
Gear Table Slides are retractable table extenders used on solid pedestal or non-dividing base tables. Only the table-top extends, the table-base remains stationary.
37-1/2" leaf opening enables table to accept three 12" table leaves.
Equalizing rack & pinion assembly automatically extends or retracts both ends of table-top at the same time. One person can open tables to insert leaves while the base remains in the center. These equalizing table slides allow sliding with very little friction ensuring soft and easy sliding.
Gear table slides have a camber, a specially designed arc, built into each side of slides. This slight arc or camber provides continuous leveling support to table leaves when table tops are extended.
Gear Table Slides are expertly constructed of hardwood maple. The wood is optimally dried in special kilns to minimize blocking or warping. Their design provides sliding with very little friction thereby ensuring soft easy sliding. The quality is evident in the strong dependable service and smooth quiet action.
Mounting holes are pre-drilled for easy installation. Screws are not provided as individual applications may require different length screws. Use #10 screws.
more Gear Table Slides
Selection Guidelines for Gear table slides:
Use on: Pedestal base tables (table top moves independently of base) or Double Pedestal non-dividing base tables (table top moves independently of base)
- Closed Length of Table Slide: Should be equal to or greater than, one-half the length of table-top when closed.
- Leaf Opening Measurement: Length of open area when slides are extended: should be slightly larger than combined width of table leaves.
- Long Leaf-Openings: When using more than 2 or 3, 12" leaves, a drop down center table leg is recommended for added support.
- Extend Slides to produce the leaf opening.
- The more overlap that is achieved, between sections, when leaves are placed in the table, the greater the support.
- Table Leaves: The standard size for table leaves is 12" width however some tables may differ. How large is your leaf opening? This measurement is normally 1-1/2" - 2" longer than the number of table leaves your table accepts. For example: a table with a 26" opening will take 2 standard 12" table leaves. The extra inch or two provides maneuverability when putting in or taking leaves out.
Additional Table-top Support:
- Use table slides with larger-than-need openings. This results in a greater overlap of table slide sections, providing more support when the table is extended.
- A drop down center leg can be added to tables with large leaf openings adding more support.