Gold Lamp Wire with Plug
- Sold as cord with plug & cord switch
- Color: Transparent Gold
- Type: twin wire
- U.L., C.S.A.
- 12 ft length
- Approximate cord size: 3/16" width x 1/4" thickness
- SPT-2 Plastic insulation 0.45"
- 18/2, 18 gauge, 105°
Gold Lamp Cordare a long length. Use when lamp is located away from outlet. Standard insulated 18 gauge wire has 2 parallel copper wires. The positive/hot is smooth, neutral/negative - has ribs. U.L. Listed for table & floor lamps were cord is exposed. Stripped, copper-tipped ends simplify wrapping wire around socket screws. Molded-on plugs are polarized and permanently attached to lamp cord. SPT-2 rating has thicker plastic insulation, see below.
More Gold Lamp Cord with Plug
SPT rating designates insulation thickness:
The SPT thickness-rating provides varying degrees of resistance to heat and abrasion. Higher SPT rating numbers provide more resistance to abrasion and more protection from electric shock.
SPT-2has a thicker plastic coating than traditional SPT-1 lamp cord. The thicker plastic provides more protection from electric shock and additional resistant to abrasion. Designed for table & floor lamps. Can be tight when slipping 3/8" - 1/8 IP lamp pipe.
Before making any changes to electrical fixtures and/or lamps:
- Disconnect plug/wire from the electrical source.
- Turning lamp off will not protect you from electric shock.
- If you are unsure how to safely proceed contact a licensed electrician.